10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
2200 North Pearl Street, Dallas, TX, 75201
You are invited to register for the event RANSOMWARE: FACTS, THREATS, and COUNTERMEASURES: Building Effective Partnerships between Law Enforcement and Private Sector. This event is an open house hosted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the United States Secret Service (USSS).
The purpose of this event is to enhance collaboration between private sector organizations, state and local agencies, and federal law enforcement agencies on ransomware. Session attendees will gain insight on ransomware, which has become a significant threat to U.S. businesses and individuals, and ways to prepare for a ransomware attack on their organization.
Due to the significant uptick of ransomware attacks and their threat to U.S. businesses and individuals, the FBI and the USSS are working together to provide up-to-date ransomware intelligence to our private industry partners. Held at the unclassified level, these ransomware briefings will provide an overview of ransomware, information sharing mechanisms and mitigation strategies.
- Date: Monday, August 22, 2016
- Format: Educational presentation
- Duration: Approximately 2 hours (10:00am – 12:00pm)
- Target Audience: The individual(s) from your organization who interact or will interact with the FBI or USSS field offices. Possibilities include your organization’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Chief Security Officer (CSO), or a similar person.
- Location: Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, 2200 North Pearl Street, Dallas, Texas 75201
Directions to the Fed: http://www.dallasfed.org/fed/direct.cfm
Space for these events is limited, so please register early. To register, please go to: http://bit.ly/dallasfed_ransomware Individuals will be treated on a first come, first served basis. Continental breakfast will be provided.
Registered attendees per organization may be limited to allow for a larger number of agencies to participate. A request for registration does not guarantee participation.
Deadline for registration: Wednesday, August 17, 2016
For questions or inquiries, please contact the FBI Dallas Cyber Task Force [972.559.5000] or the USSS – North Texas Electronic Crimes Task Force [972-868-3200].