10/18/2022 to 10/19/2022
8:00 am - 4:00 pm Central Time
National Disaster Resilience Council Summit
The John Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, Laurel, MD
Presented by InfraGard National Members Alliance | Contact:email@example.com
Registration is now open for the National Disaster Resilience Council (NDRC) annual Summit, taking place both in-person and virtually in October. Now more than ever, we must be prepared for attacks and destructive natural events causing long-term outages of America’s critical infrastructure. Learn of current threats to critical infrastructure and work being done to strengthen preparedness and resilience. Special focus will be given to the U.S. energy infrastructure, with its enabling function across all critical infrastructure sectors.
Confirmed speakers and topics currently include:
- Lt Gen (Ret.) Steven L. Kwast, U.S. Air Force, addressing issues of preparedness.
- Tom Popik, Founder and Chairman, Foundation for Resilience Societies, focusing on lessons learned about critical infrastructure from the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- Dave Andrejcak from FERC and Brian Cavanaugh for the National Security Council
- Dr. Paul Stockton, former Assistant Secretary of the Defense for Homeland Defense and Department of Energy’s Electricity Advisory Committee
- Richard Mroz, former head of the New Jersey Public Utility Council
- Berkshire Hathaway Electric, discussing preparedness efforts and case studies on emerging water technologies.
- An overview of threats to critical infrastructure and concerns about the Financial Services, Food and Agriculture, Dams, and Water and Wastewater Sectors.
- The FBI film “Made in Beijing: The Plan for Global Market Domination” and the NDRC’s activities to address the industrial espionage threat from the Chinese Communist Party.