10:00 am - 12:00 pm Central Time
Armor Event Center
2360 Campbell Creek Blvd. Suite 475, Richardson, Texas, 75082
Our first quarter meeting will take place on February 22nd from 10:00am to 12:00pm. Below is more information on the speaker and topic.
InfraGard Educational Session
The Internet Denial of Service attack that crippled Twitter, Spotify, ETSY, the New York Times, Wired.com, and many other Internet sites on October 21, 2016 was launched using over 500,000 infected devices from homes and businesses. Were any of your devices compromised and is your network still compromised?
In this presentation we will discuss
• The nature and methodology of the attack
• How the advisory was able to gain and maintain control of the data streams used to attack Dyn
• Why this incident in particular sets the stage for a new type of DDOS attack strategy
• The possible motivation for the attack
• The risks associated with and the precautions necessary for the use of devices classified in the Internet of Things (IoT)
Our presenter will be Kevin Mellott founder and president of ERASE Enterprises.
•42 years of experience in public safety and private security consulting
•InfraGard Sector Chief
•President of the Richland College Forensics & CyberSecurity Advisory Committee
•Member of the Collin College CyberSecurity Advisory Committee
•Fusion Liaison Officer for the North Central Texas Fusion Center
•Member of the United States Department of State-Bureau of Diplomatic Security-
Overseas Security Advisory Council
Africa Regional Security Council
Energy Security Council
•Global Security, Terrorism, and CyberSecurity Contributor for FoxNews, ABC News, CBS News, Clear Channel Communications, Westwood One Communications, and iHeart Radio
Note: Registration will close on February 20, 2017.
Registration is required for this event
Registration is closed for this event.