Please visit our calendar link above for more information on upcoming events.
We are currently working on a complete overhaul of the website and look forward to communicating and serving you more effectively. The new website will be introduced during the 2nd quarter of this year.
What is InfraGard?
InfraGard is an information sharing and analysis effort serving the interests and combining the knowledge base of a wide variety of our members. At its most basic level, InfaGard is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the private sector. InfraGard is an alliance of businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other participants dedicated to sharing information and intelligence to prevent hostile acts against the United States.
The North Texas InfraGard Members Alliance is committed to protecting our nation’s critical infrastructure primarily owned and operated by the private sector. Some of these private sectors, defined in the National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP), include agriculture, banking and finance, chemical, computer security, emergency services, energy, food, postal and shipping, national defense, public health, transportation, telecommunications, and water supply. Through experiences such as 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina we have discovered the unique and dependent nature of these sectors for security and survival and have come to learn that the overall wellbeing of our community is dependent on these sector’s collaborative crisis capabilities. Therefore, InfraGard creates a trusted public and private sector Partnership in Protection to enhance ongoing collaboration, shared awareness of trends and threats, and cooperation with investigation and law enforcement agencies, including the FBI.
The North Texas InfraGard Partnership in Protection Philosophy works through:
- Trust – InfraGard provides for organizational and relationship‐based trust to foster more effective collaboration and information exchange between the private and public sector;
- Inclusion – InfraGard is a partnership open to the public, private sector, critical infrastructure, and public sector whose member’s identities are confirmed by the FBI to enable a trusted national exchange for efficient information sharing;
- Cooperation – InfraGard brings both public and private sector organizations together in an effort to ensure both are contributing to the conversation through a cooperative approach;
- Fun – Through positive interactions, InfraGard members and partners continue to grow as a community and collaborate on otherwise sensitive topics.
- Flexibility – InfraGard is modeled and organized for flexibility and local relevance. With 86 chapters across the nation, each United States community is served by a local Alliance;
Mission Fulfillment – InfraGard provides for an operational Alliance that fulfills its strategic and planning objectives as well as its operational cooperation goals through innovative member programs and relevant, timely and actionable information sharing.